- This event has passed.
Succession Planning: Building Your Bench Strength
October 28, 2017 @ 10:15 am - 11:45 am
Planning for both the foreseen and unexpected absences of people who hold key roles in an organization is a task which employers often avoid or engage in only in an informal manner. Worse yet, we sometimes limit the planning to the “C-Suite”. Without concentrated effort on succession planning, a business that has been successful can quickly fail if one or more of its key employees are lost. Succession planning has to be a priority for every business and should be part of its strategic business plan. During this interactive seminar, attendees will gain a broad knowledge of how to develop a succession plan for all levels of key employees. Topics that will specifically be covered are:
1. The Business Case for Succession Planning
2. The 7 Deadly Signs (of a faltering SP system)
3. Succession Planning meets Leadership Development
4. Top 10 Ways to Strategically Build Your Bench Strength
We will identify current business trends that impact Succession Planning and learn how to recognize them in your organization. We’ll also conduct a mock succession plan activity that will require participants to rate an employee’s readiness to assume additional responsibility.
1. create an effective Succession Plan management process
2. develop best practices around on-the-job development
3. merge succession planning and leadership development
4. balance company interests with employee work-life balance